Gen. Powell has put together these thirteen rules he lives by and I believe that, regardless of what your mission in life might be, they will certainly be applicable in your life as they are in mine.
1. It ainâ€™t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
2. Get mad, then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls,
your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Donâ€™t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
7. You canâ€™t make someone elseâ€™s choices. You shouldnâ€™t let someone else make
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision. Be demanding.
12. Donâ€™t take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. (In the military, one always looks for
ways to increase or multiply your forces.)
Leave a Reply